About Me

My photo
I am a proud mother of three beautiful girls. I"m happily married to my wonderful husband of eleven years. I enjoy reading, hiking, traveling, and making memories with my family and friends. Most importantly, I love spending time with my heavenly Father. He has given my life purpose and meaning and I am overwhelmed by His love and mercy.

Thursday, June 12, 2014

Anticipating Opportunity

Moreover the word of the Lord came to me, saying, “Jeremiah, what do you see?” And I said, “I see a branch of an almond tree.” Then the Lord said to me, “ You have seen well, for I am ready to perform My word.” (Jeremiah 1:11,12 NKJV)


In this passage of scripture, the word ready is translated from the Hebrew word shaqad which means “waking, waiting, hastening, or anticipating.” It is closely related to the word shaqed which is translated almond in verse 11. The margin of my Bible says that in Hebrew thought, the almond is considered the “waker” because it, of all trees, blossoms early, watching diligently for the opportunity to bloom. What God was showing Jeremiah in the vision, and even explained to him, is that He was actually looking for the earliest opportunity to perform His word. 

In 2 Chronicles 16:9, it says that God searches the earth “to show Himself strong on behalf of those whose heart is loyal to Him…”

What is the word that God has spoken into your heart? God is looking and anticipating the opportunity to perform what He said and move on your behalf. Pray that God will show you how to prepare yourself and make ready that opportunity.

So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth; it shall not return to Me void, but it shall accomplish what I please, and it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it. (Isaiah 55:11)

No comments:

Post a Comment