About Me

My photo
I am a proud mother of three beautiful girls. I"m happily married to my wonderful husband of eleven years. I enjoy reading, hiking, traveling, and making memories with my family and friends. Most importantly, I love spending time with my heavenly Father. He has given my life purpose and meaning and I am overwhelmed by His love and mercy.

Saturday, March 22, 2014

Dream Again

After having lost my father to cancer last year, I found myself in a state of hopelessness. Not only was my dad my natural father, but he was also my spiritual father. It was like our covering had been removed and so many of our plans and dreams had died with him. Everything we had been praying and believing so hard for was lost in a single moment. Or so it seemed.

In the midst of my pain I heard the Spirit say to me, "Dream again!" Over and over I kept hearing these words. I was reminded of Psalm 126:1 which says, "When the Lord brought back the captivity of Zion, we were like those who dream." So, I began to study that verse. I found that the word "dream" came from the Hebrew word chalam which, according to Strong's Concordance, means 1) to dream 2) to recover. I realized that I was being held captive to circumstances, the death of my father and leader. However, when the Lord brings a person out of captivity, He brings about a full recovery. No longer is that person bound by their circumstances. Their vision which was limited by walls of captivity is renewed and their hope restored. The Lord was letting me know that, even in all the disappointment and pain, His plan for me did not change and He is bringing me out.

In Isaiah 60:1 AMP it says, "Arise [from the depression and prostration in which circumstances have kept you--rise to a new life]! Shine (be radiant with the glory of the Lord), for your light has come, and the glory of the Lord is risen upon you!" Notice that to arise requires effort on your part. Many of you are sitting in a spiritual dungeon acting like a prisoner not even realizing that the shackles have been removed and the doors have been opened. All that is left to do is to walk out.

So, my hope for you today is that you rise up! Don't let the enemy of your soul steal your dreams. It is time to take possession of your promised land. It's time to dream again!

2 comments:

  1. Good word, sister!I have been there too, feeling exactly the same way and have understood that He wants us to develop total dependence on Him! He is faithful to let us make us dream again. Keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully written and gracefully shared. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete