About Me

My photo
I am a proud mother of three beautiful girls. I"m happily married to my wonderful husband of eleven years. I enjoy reading, hiking, traveling, and making memories with my family and friends. Most importantly, I love spending time with my heavenly Father. He has given my life purpose and meaning and I am overwhelmed by His love and mercy.

Monday, January 14, 2013

Fulfilling Your Purpose - Step 1


The first step to fulfilling your God given purpose in life is to get a vision. In Proverbs 29:18 we read that, “Where there is no vision, the people perish.” The Message translation says, “If people can’t see what God is doing, they stumble all over themselves.” In other words, without the ability to see what we are aiming for (God‘s plan for us), we just blindly stumble about searching for the unknown. Chances are, we will miss our target.

Now, according to Merriam-Webster, one of the definitions for vision is: the act or power of imagination. Albert Einstein once said, “Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life’s coming attractions.” The imagination is a gift from God which provides us the means by which we may envision our future. God gave you the ability to dream, and what you see and think on regularly will affect the direction your life will take.

Another definition for vision is: mode of seeing or conceiving. In order for conception to take place, a seed must be planted. To conceive an idea, a thought must be planted. The longer that thought is permitted to stay, the more it will take root in your heart and produce results in your life. "As he thinks in his heart, so is he…" (Proverbs 23:7a) "A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good things, and an evil man out of the evil treasure brings forth evil things." (Matthew 12:35) So what are you thinking on?

If you are wandering around aimlessly with no vision and no plan, the end result will be an unfulfilled life. What a tragedy! I encourage you to read God's Word. Let's look at what God told Joshua.

"This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate in it day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success." (Joshua 1:8)

David referred to the Word as, "...a lamp to my feet and a light to my path." (Psalms 119:105)

God has a great vision for you in His Word. "For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope." (Jeremiah 29:11) So, dig into His Word and see what He has in store for you.




No comments:

Post a Comment