About Me

My photo
I am a proud mother of three beautiful girls. I"m happily married to my wonderful husband of eleven years. I enjoy reading, hiking, traveling, and making memories with my family and friends. Most importantly, I love spending time with my heavenly Father. He has given my life purpose and meaning and I am overwhelmed by His love and mercy.

Saturday, April 16, 2011

This Marvelous Love

Ephesians 5:1-2 NKJV
Therefore, be imitators of God as dear children. And walk in love, as Christ also has loved us and given Himself for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet-smelling aroma.
Have you ever noticed how beautiful a person who walks in love is? They may not be physically attractive, but because they are covered in a spirit of love they appear lovely. All of their imperfections seem invisible and everyone wants to be around them. That’s how powerful love is! It’s an active force or energy that literally draws people in.
So, how do we obtain that kind of love? Romans 5:5 says, “…the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us”. When we receive Jesus as our Lord and Savior, the Holy Spirit comes to live in us and God’s love is poured into our hearts. Did you notice the word “poured”? In the Bible, whenever God gives something, words like “fill”, “pour”, and “overflow” are used. Nothing from God comes in small portions. God isn’t holding anything back and He never does anything half way. Everything that comes from Him involves filling to the full and overflowing. The greatest love of all is made available to us simply by having a relationship with the source, the Father. After all, God is love (1 John 4:8).
Now that we know God’s love has been deposited in us, we should learn how to tap into it. About three years ago the words “major on love” began to echo in my spirit, so I began to dig into God’s Word concerning the subject. Over a period of time, having studied scripture after scripture and having read other books written on love, I started to notice changes taking place inside of me. It wasn’t long before I began to feel love for individuals who had previously hurt me. My attitude toward them was shifting from anger and resentment to mercy and forgiveness.
How did this transformation happen?
By studying the Word, I was able access the love that had been placed inside of me by the Holy Spirit. I want you to know that once I forgave them, not only did I release them from past wrongs, but I was also set free. I encourage you not to waste your time on holding grudges against anyone! It will hinder God’s blessing from working in your life and it will cause your faith to be of no effect. Galatians 5:6 KJV tells us that faith works by love. If you harbor unforgiveness in your heart, then you’re not operating in love.
Another thing that helped me was to confess God’s Word over myself and my relationships. If you need love to become a more active part of your life, put God in remembrance of His Word. Say, “God’s love has been poured into my heart by the Holy Spirit who was given to me”. Whenever you are tempted to step out of love, confess “I am an imitator of God as His child, and I walk in love just as Christ loved me and gave Himself for me”. Keep the Word before your eyes. Meditate on it day and night. It won’t be long before you will see changes taking place in you. And always remember that “love never fails” (1 Cor. 13:8).

No comments:

Post a Comment